Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries?
CAN A POEM BE MADE OF AN OLD MAN’S WORRIES?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries?
For his wife’s health
For his own aches and pains
The children, the grandchildren
And their various problems
At various stages of their lives?
The Stoics were right
The more we have the more we have to worry about-
The money the work problems
The security problems- for the country the people the world humanity?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries
And all the questions he alone will never answer
And problems he alone will never solve?
We live and we die
And this old man
Like all the rest
Will die also-
Whether this is a poem or not
Whether this problem is solved or not
It is only one small worry among the many-
He will worry until the day he dies
If his mind is good enough for that
And then perhaps
He will worry no more.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam