Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries?
CAN A POEM BE MADE OF AN OLD MAN’S WORRIES?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries?
For his wife’s health
For his own aches and pains
The children, the grandchildren
And their various problems
At various stages of their lives?
The Stoics were right
The more we have the more we have to worry about-
The money the work problems
The security problems- for the country the people the world humanity?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries
And all the questions he alone will never answer
And problems he alone will never solve?
We live and we die
And this old man
Like all the rest
Will die also-
Whether this is a poem or not
Whether this problem is solved or not
It is only one small worry among the many-
He will worry until the day he dies
If his mind is good enough for that
And then perhaps
He will worry no more.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...