Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries?
CAN A POEM BE MADE OF AN OLD MAN’S WORRIES?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries?
For his wife’s health
For his own aches and pains
The children, the grandchildren
And their various problems
At various stages of their lives?
The Stoics were right
The more we have the more we have to worry about-
The money the work problems
The security problems- for the country the people the world humanity?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries
And all the questions he alone will never answer
And problems he alone will never solve?
We live and we die
And this old man
Like all the rest
Will die also-
Whether this is a poem or not
Whether this problem is solved or not
It is only one small worry among the many-
He will worry until the day he dies
If his mind is good enough for that
And then perhaps
He will worry no more.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)