Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries?
CAN A POEM BE MADE OF AN OLD MAN’S WORRIES?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries?
For his wife’s health
For his own aches and pains
The children, the grandchildren
And their various problems
At various stages of their lives?
The Stoics were right
The more we have the more we have to worry about-
The money the work problems
The security problems- for the country the people the world humanity?
Can a poem be made of an old man’s worries
And all the questions he alone will never answer
And problems he alone will never solve?
We live and we die
And this old man
Like all the rest
Will die also-
Whether this is a poem or not
Whether this problem is solved or not
It is only one small worry among the many-
He will worry until the day he dies
If his mind is good enough for that
And then perhaps
He will worry no more.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can A Poem Be Made Of An Old Man's Worries? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)