(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Called Them Heros...
Many have been wounded on the
battlefield of life. Wounded, in
their homes, streets and back
alleys of social interaction.
In the battle to survive, are there
more formidable enemies, than
grief, loneliness, illness, poverty,
and lost love?
So many, although seemingly
defeated, by an army of foes,
to opposition of life and living,
they fight...go on.
Countless millions, are wounded by
emotional bullets...lethal grenades
of death, taking a loved one... and the
machine gun fire, of cancer and
other devastating diseases.
Yet, with a courage that can not be
measured, these unsung heroes
Let there be a Congressional Medal
Of Honor, for life, for those unsung
heroes and their unyielding courage. Let
them know, in their time of need,
we shall provide them with, they emotional
medicine and care they require.
Love, compassion and understanding.
The next time, the word 'hero' is spoken,
look around, for on the battlefield of
life, there are millions, 'of unsung hero.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Called Them Heros... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)