Call upon me
When all the light that brings warmth to your heart goes out.
And you no longer find yourself able to stand the pain that this world hands down to you.
Raise your voice to me and I shall appear.
I will stand beside you to give you strength.
I will place myself in front of you to shield you from agony.
I will heed your cries and destroy all those that have stolen from you the peace in your life.
Who am I you ask?
What monster am I that I can do such terrible things just at your call?
And why would I go to such lengths to ease the pain you suffer?
What I am is simply nothing more than the monster you have harbored inside of your mind for so very long.
I am the darkness in your heart that you tried to hide.
All I really am is the burning hate that you have for those who have scorned you.
I have watched every tear you have shed.
And with every harsh word and raised hand I have fed off of your misery and grown stronger.
Now I am fully grown and await your command.
Will you call upon me from time to time to ease the unending pain in your horrid life?
Will you lock me away until I grow too large and break the bonds you use to restrain me?
Or perhaps you will call to me and give me form so that I may listen to your words and speak in your tongue?
What will you do?
When all the world looks down on you?
Will you take my hand?
Will you call upon me?
Vasto Grom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Call upon me by Vasto Grom )
- - Come With Me My Lovely Princess-, Ali Sabry
- - I See You All The Rays Of The Sun-, Ali Sabry
- - You Taught Me A Lot Of Love-, Ali Sabry
- - When I Look At The Moon I Remember You.., Ali Sabry
- - When I Walk Alone In The Night I See Y.., Ali Sabry
- - There Isn't Impossible In Dreams & Love-, Ali Sabry
- -You Can't Challenge Me My Wonderful Lady-, Ali Sabry
- - Very Long Time Ago Honey You Captured .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Not Rich That's True My Lovely Bea.., Ali Sabry
- - Me & You We Will Enjoy In This World f.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow