Call upon me
When all the light that brings warmth to your heart goes out.
And you no longer find yourself able to stand the pain that this world hands down to you.
Raise your voice to me and I shall appear.
I will stand beside you to give you strength.
I will place myself in front of you to shield you from agony.
I will heed your cries and destroy all those that have stolen from you the peace in your life.
Who am I you ask?
What monster am I that I can do such terrible things just at your call?
And why would I go to such lengths to ease the pain you suffer?
What I am is simply nothing more than the monster you have harbored inside of your mind for so very long.
I am the darkness in your heart that you tried to hide.
All I really am is the burning hate that you have for those who have scorned you.
I have watched every tear you have shed.
And with every harsh word and raised hand I have fed off of your misery and grown stronger.
Now I am fully grown and await your command.
Will you call upon me from time to time to ease the unending pain in your horrid life?
Will you lock me away until I grow too large and break the bonds you use to restrain me?
Or perhaps you will call to me and give me form so that I may listen to your words and speak in your tongue?
What will you do?
When all the world looks down on you?
Will you take my hand?
Will you call upon me?
Vasto Grom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Call upon me by Vasto Grom )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Parallel Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- À L'ÉLU DE MON COEUR, Rosie Bourget
- Eagle, Luo Zhihai
- I Told You Often, Vera Sidhwa
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...
- Missing, Luo Zhihai
- THE FIRST TIME, Rosie Bourget
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- Beyond Beds Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak