Let your imagination run wild
Imagine a caged man!
Laughing outside is a bird’s child
Not just one man but the whole clan!
Humiliated the man feels
The birds are playing outside happily!
His humiliation now will never heal
Even if he is allowed to move freely!
Once the birds were in a hurry
They forgot to give the man any food!
After returning they just said sorry
His food always depended on their mood!
He just couldn't move in the small cage
The birds moved freely under the big bower!
He could only see their flickering image
And later only a black cover.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Caged Man by Aditi Khandelwal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore