By Faith Alone
Today my melancholy
Walks hand in hand with gloom.
The face of my tomorrow
Reflects impending doom.
Not knowing where I'm going,
'Tis sad, I must confess.
Will deeds of past and future
Allow me much redress?
Living with morality,
Some say is not enough;
One must live by faith alone.
That seems ungodly tough.
Gods of all eternity,
Let my spirits be set free.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (By Faith Alone by Joseph Anderson )
- I'll Never Leave, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Drug war, hasmukh amathalal
- ಅತ್ಯಧಿಕ ಪ್ರಸಂಗ, Deepak Malapur
- Lost Melody, Patrick Ladbrooke
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1774 - 1843)