I strike a match
And light those candies all.
Shadows on the wall,
Impressions from the curtains fall.
A soft breeze flows into the room,
Some one rises from the tomb,
Mummified from head to toe.
Gliding leaves sweep to and fro,
Beneath the window and outside my house;
An impulse arouse me to move like a mouse.
Quietly, softly, Tiptoe on my way,
No sleep tonight, I wait vigilantly for the day.
The old graveyard is quite and still at last,
Gone for awhile, the spirits of the past.
I watch the face of time go around,
Each hour a chime rings out a sound.
There is that beat that deafens me,
It is my heart that trolls fast and free.
The flame fades,
So ends the trial.
The dawn has come to stay a while,
So now I rest with a tranquil smile
For night is no friend at all
But, alas, no more shadows on the wall
mai venn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (By Candlelight by mai venn )
- Hold The Day, cecil hickman
- HUDHUD, Kavya ...
- iphone6+▣오피뷰▣ 동묘오피 대전오피 논란「OPGANDA/COM」, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- THAT TWINKLE IN GOD'S EYES, michael walkerjohn
- Heart aches bleed, Brian Kilpatrick
- The feed on the darkness, Brian Kilpatrick
- Suffocation, Leong Ming Loong
- My Mind's Eye, Margaret Alice Second
- Ego, Leong Ming Loong
- OPGANDA/COM≡오피뷰≡ UEFA ∥강서오피대박∥▣∥종로오피∥, cisnkxld cisnkxld
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)