I strike a match
And light those candies all.
Shadows on the wall,
Impressions from the curtains fall.
A soft breeze flows into the room,
Some one rises from the tomb,
Mummified from head to toe.
Gliding leaves sweep to and fro,
Beneath the window and outside my house;
An impulse arouse me to move like a mouse.
Quietly, softly, Tiptoe on my way,
No sleep tonight, I wait vigilantly for the day.
The old graveyard is quite and still at last,
Gone for awhile, the spirits of the past.
I watch the face of time go around,
Each hour a chime rings out a sound.
There is that beat that deafens me,
It is my heart that trolls fast and free.
The flame fades,
So ends the trial.
The dawn has come to stay a while,
So now I rest with a tranquil smile
For night is no friend at all
But, alas, no more shadows on the wall
mai venn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (By Candlelight by mai venn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In A Sugared Quiet Lit By Multicoloured .., mary douglas
- Go on freely, gajanan mishra
- Mirror image, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver
- Blue Starred In The Blue Grass Spring Lu.., mary douglas