Butterfly; butterfly fly away,
teach me how to be as free as free can be.
Butterfly; butterfly I see you there,
its beautiful the way your wings caress the air.
Butterfly; butterfly go as high as you can go,
show me the things that I don't yet know.
Butterfly; butterfly fly into the sky,
dropp down and land yourself by my side.
Butterfly; butterfly I see you kiss a flower,
my eyes fill and I begin to ponder.
Butterfly; butterfly your beauty soars,
I see the beauty in you and I see the beauty within me.
Butterfly; butterfly show me the way,
For beauty is beautiful but there's more to me.
Butterfly; butterfly show yourself,
I see your colors and I see your shimmer, is there anything else?
Butterfly; butterfly what is the matter?
can't you give me an answer for the questions I desire?
Butterfly; butterfly I see you dying,
life is far too short to sit around crying.
Butterfly; butterfly don't you go,
for your goal has not yet been accomplished.
Butterfly; butterfly let me lift you,
I peer into your eyes and see that there's a secret inside.
Butterfly; butterfly let it out,
your secret could hold great things, give me the secret to life.
Butterfly; butterfly let me know,
before you take your last breath; show me what you hold.
Butterfly; butterfly there you go...
You twitch away letting me that the secret to life is having the courage...
to just let go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Butterfly by Ashley Landry )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Exceptional Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None Sweeter, Michael McParland
- The First-poem Writers of Indian English.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- From the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey