M.D Dinesh Nair
BUT I CLOSED MY EYES
I saw a poor man dying old and worn out
So poor that he died hungry and
While dying his soul wished to come out
But it could not.
The man`s frame was so weak with hunger wrought within
That he could not breathe his soul out
And it too died within his frame'!
He was buried in a graveyard
Where soulless corpses lay in peace.
I saw a god hiding for ever in his eternity
So invisible that none could see him
While hiding he did not long for a companion
And for sure he was not there either.
God`s hands were fumbling over the vast universe
That had long before taken him by fancy
And it was now dropping into the nadir of memories cold!
He stared at the infinite times ahead
Where unto a trillion prayers were still traversing!
I could have seen much more
But I closed my eyes!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BUT I CLOSED MY EYES by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Save The Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- women,, Nassy Fesharaki
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- GREATNESS OF MOTHER, P.YASWANTH REDDY
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)