Bustling Mother Nature
She brightens the sky with magnanimous blue,
And lightens the clouds till they're airy and few.
She lengthens the radiant beams of the sun,
Assigning more hours to it's heavenly run.
She summons the moon for a polish and shine,
And bustles around until everything's fine.
She tosses the foam on the mighty Great Lakes,
Conjures belated small flurries of flakes.
She welcomes the raucous return of the crow,
And washes away scuzzy patches of snow.
She hustles the cricks and overgrown rivers,
Gives early-bird robins occasional shivers.
She rocks budding branches and evergreen boughs,
Awakens black bears, the new cubs and the sows.
She beckons to deer at their beds in the thickets,
Composes new riffs for tree toads and crickets.
She coaxes the crocus to blithely appear,
Displaying her first cheery blooms of the year.
She's awesome, resplendently, gorgeous, and kind,
Since years of the ancients, her wisdom refined.
She's troublesome, messy, convulsive and cruel,
Man's often subdued by her petulant rule.
We cannot control her, such knowledge denied,
Our choice is to love, respect, and abide.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bustling Mother Nature by Connie Yost )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher
- Hold Me Now My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Love Me, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Hold Me Now, Michael P. McParland
- For Kira, Michael P. McParland