Bustling Mother Nature
She brightens the sky with magnanimous blue,
And lightens the clouds till they're airy and few.
She lengthens the radiant beams of the sun,
Assigning more hours to it's heavenly run.
She summons the moon for a polish and shine,
And bustles around until everything's fine.
She tosses the foam on the mighty Great Lakes,
Conjures belated small flurries of flakes.
She welcomes the raucous return of the crow,
And washes away scuzzy patches of snow.
She hustles the cricks and overgrown rivers,
Gives early-bird robins occasional shivers.
She rocks budding branches and evergreen boughs,
Awakens black bears, the new cubs and the sows.
She beckons to deer at their beds in the thickets,
Composes new riffs for tree toads and crickets.
She coaxes the crocus to blithely appear,
Displaying her first cheery blooms of the year.
She's awesome, resplendently, gorgeous, and kind,
Since years of the ancients, her wisdom refined.
She's troublesome, messy, convulsive and cruel,
Man's often subdued by her petulant rule.
We cannot control her, such knowledge denied,
Our choice is to love, respect, and abide.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bustling Mother Nature by Connie Yost )
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
- Self-centered, Somanathan Iyer
- Human Male, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)