Bustling Mother Nature
She brightens the sky with magnanimous blue,
And lightens the clouds till they're airy and few.
She lengthens the radiant beams of the sun,
Assigning more hours to it's heavenly run.
She summons the moon for a polish and shine,
And bustles around until everything's fine.
She tosses the foam on the mighty Great Lakes,
Conjures belated small flurries of flakes.
She welcomes the raucous return of the crow,
And washes away scuzzy patches of snow.
She hustles the cricks and overgrown rivers,
Gives early-bird robins occasional shivers.
She rocks budding branches and evergreen boughs,
Awakens black bears, the new cubs and the sows.
She beckons to deer at their beds in the thickets,
Composes new riffs for tree toads and crickets.
She coaxes the crocus to blithely appear,
Displaying her first cheery blooms of the year.
She's awesome, resplendently, gorgeous, and kind,
Since years of the ancients, her wisdom refined.
She's troublesome, messy, convulsive and cruel,
Man's often subdued by her petulant rule.
We cannot control her, such knowledge denied,
Our choice is to love, respect, and abide.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bustling Mother Nature by Connie Yost )
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow