Bush And Blair
Bush and Blair, oh what a pair
they have brought the world
to the edge of despair.
The battles were decisively won
but their problems have only just begun.
Those shocking images on tv
around the world for all to see.
Humiliating acts of denigration
acts, which have shamed the U.S. nation.
Carried out by degenerates on Iraqi
prisoners of an unjust war, in
‘ Operation Shock and Awe ‘.
WMD was a false scare put out by
the backroom boys of Bush and Blair.
So they would have us believe,
but world leaders can also deceive.
As we happen to see time and again
by that sadist Saddam Hussein.
Will we ever find out the true reason?
for this war of disgrace, a war
opposed by millions
in the first place.
Let us sincerely hope that those
honourable allied soldiers who
died on foreign soil
Did not sacrifice their lives for OIL.
Gordon Whittaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bush And Blair by Gordon Whittaker )
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)