Burnt Our Soul
The black behind the white clothes
Are suddenly out.
Coal-gate and Rail-gate
Are just a few to name them.
Gentle men……not they are,
The nation shouts.
With honey trap and money trap,
They have shamed the game.
Modesty was put at stake even then;
Being in its clout,
With trading and betting in the past
Panchali was even thrown before lust.
Cupidity runs through our blood,
Chasing them often we
Burnt our soul.
Kingshuk Chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Burnt Our Soul by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma