Burnt Our Soul
The black behind the white clothes
Are suddenly out.
Coal-gate and Rail-gate
Are just a few to name them.
Gentle men……not they are,
The nation shouts.
With honey trap and money trap,
They have shamed the game.
Modesty was put at stake even then;
Being in its clout,
With trading and betting in the past
Panchali was even thrown before lust.
Cupidity runs through our blood,
Chasing them often we
Burnt our soul.
Kingshuk Chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Burnt Our Soul by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)