Burnt Our Soul
The black behind the white clothes
Are suddenly out.
Coal-gate and Rail-gate
Are just a few to name them.
Gentle men……not they are,
The nation shouts.
With honey trap and money trap,
They have shamed the game.
Modesty was put at stake even then;
Being in its clout,
With trading and betting in the past
Panchali was even thrown before lust.
Cupidity runs through our blood,
Chasing them often we
Burnt our soul.
Kingshuk Chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Burnt Our Soul by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
- Then, SALINI NAIR
- Beauty Does Shine, Rohit Sapra
- The Poster Girl's Defence, Carolyn Wells
- The love obituary, Kenneth Maswabi
- Marina Tsvetaeva Every poem is a child.., valentin savin
- Tribute to Otieno Kajwang (Bwana Bado Ma.., Amos O. Ojwang'
- On A Calm Summer Night, Eve Carter
- Accepting Human Nature, Ima Ryma
- and then a cliff where i fall again., RIC S. BASTASA
- how can my hands prevent you from gettin.., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Coat, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Challenge To The Dark, Charles Bukowski
- November, Thomas Hood
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)