Burning with Love
When I come close,
And talk to you,
My heart leaps.
But the thing is,
you will never know,
and if you will,
I will deny
And I will keep it secret.
Don't wanna loose you as a friend
Wanna have you the whole life span
Go with you to paradise
To the immortal land.
I want to tell you what I feel.
This time I love you for real.
I will gladly spend my life with you.
But you will never know,
I will try at least to hide,
My feelings for you,
Which will hopefully not show.
Jealosy kills me,
But I will keep strong.
Not to show
Or else things'll go wrong.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning with Love by Maya Took )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare