Burning with Love
When I come close,
And talk to you,
My heart leaps.
But the thing is,
you will never know,
and if you will,
I will deny
And I will keep it secret.
Don't wanna loose you as a friend
Wanna have you the whole life span
Go with you to paradise
To the immortal land.
I want to tell you what I feel.
This time I love you for real.
I will gladly spend my life with you.
But you will never know,
I will try at least to hide,
My feelings for you,
Which will hopefully not show.
Jealosy kills me,
But I will keep strong.
Not to show
Or else things'll go wrong.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning with Love by Maya Took )
- Dangerous Curiosity, Md. Ziaul Haque
- To My First Love, Naveed Khalid
- She, Naveed Khalid
- Healing Woman, Md. Ziaul Haque
- mithilak varnan, sushant jha
- Separation is Bliss Sometimes, Md. Ziaul Haque
- An Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- Post-postmodern Love, Md. Ziaul Haque
- To You... My Precious being, Niken Kusuma Wardani
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)