Burning with Love
When I come close,
And talk to you,
My heart leaps.
But the thing is,
you will never know,
and if you will,
I will deny
And I will keep it secret.
Don't wanna loose you as a friend
Wanna have you the whole life span
Go with you to paradise
To the immortal land.
I want to tell you what I feel.
This time I love you for real.
I will gladly spend my life with you.
But you will never know,
I will try at least to hide,
My feelings for you,
Which will hopefully not show.
Jealosy kills me,
But I will keep strong.
Not to show
Or else things'll go wrong.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning with Love by Maya Took )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Indian Serenade, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Adnate to the Funicle, Robert Ronnow
- Lime-trees, Dr John Celes
- South Bronx, Robert Ronnow
- The Slow Dimension, Sare Sayidi
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow
- Destiny! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Valentino's Victory Lap, Charles Hancock
- A Best friend to someone like me, Yselle Lucas