Burning with Love
When I come close,
And talk to you,
My heart leaps.
But the thing is,
you will never know,
and if you will,
I will deny
And I will keep it secret.
Don't wanna loose you as a friend
Wanna have you the whole life span
Go with you to paradise
To the immortal land.
I want to tell you what I feel.
This time I love you for real.
I will gladly spend my life with you.
But you will never know,
I will try at least to hide,
My feelings for you,
Which will hopefully not show.
Jealosy kills me,
But I will keep strong.
Not to show
Or else things'll go wrong.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning with Love by Maya Took )
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)