Burning Ash Black
The candle witch burns my sheets.
In and between my thorns.
Fires the sight in hell, ash black.
My heart on ice.
My blood is poisoned.
I am prevented.
I am indented.
Love cannot assault the attack.
I am broken for the sake of feeling alive.
I am damaged.
I am good not.
I want to feel why live is real.
Can I begin to be more being.
Why can I not smell the seeing.
The truth is not for me.
I will not tell.
My lies are walled inside the rusted gates.
In the deepest shaft of hell.
I will never walk any moon
Nor do I want the cure.
To light as pure.
I will not hide.
I have six to a side.
You do not have to worry.
I am not one bit sad for sorry.
I do scream.
In my dreams.
Where my tears are torn.
With the butterflies.
Burning ash black.
Beyond the path of death.
In the clear blue skies.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning Ash Black by Unic Cjonr )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Much more powerful, gajanan mishra
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa