Burning Ash Black
The candle witch burns my sheets.
In and between my thorns.
Fires the sight in hell, ash black.
My heart on ice.
My blood is poisoned.
I am prevented.
I am indented.
Love cannot assault the attack.
I am broken for the sake of feeling alive.
I am damaged.
I am good not.
I want to feel why live is real.
Can I begin to be more being.
Why can I not smell the seeing.
The truth is not for me.
I will not tell.
My lies are walled inside the rusted gates.
In the deepest shaft of hell.
I will never walk any moon
Nor do I want the cure.
To light as pure.
I will not hide.
I have six to a side.
You do not have to worry.
I am not one bit sad for sorry.
I do scream.
In my dreams.
Where my tears are torn.
With the butterflies.
Burning ash black.
Beyond the path of death.
In the clear blue skies.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning Ash Black by Unic Cjonr )
- Two Cats, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Shrunken Head, Ronald Peat
- SHE - a love poem, Thomas Kay
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)