Burned out flames
Pain came in the place where years stood
Unaffected by danger and other traumas
Engulfing all the final dreams I had
Planned to see them through before I pass,
Dreams outlived career cause that was chosen
Woven in sombre moods every path to cross
Is overcast with dark clouds and chilly rain
Wet and dry plains make slippery places.
Final days of my years came along in rapid flight
Moving passion and desire away into a future reign,
From lust will have no eyes to see the fading light?
Darkness steals the strength that was given.
Burned out flames loiter in crusade cooler flashes
With ailing friends complaining of aches and pains
My final days the adventures of a lifetime carry
A worn torch illuminates the way to greater realms.
Shine again while passing through the atmosphere
Deeds acclaimed in the young generation following
The ancient path we have forth and sought over
In final years there is no more travelling.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burned out flames by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Lets all dance, Vanessa Parodia
- My dog Ben, Nick krakana
- The Bicycle, Udaya R. Tennakoon