Of the modern versifications of
ancient legendary tales. - An impromptu.
The tender infant, meek and mild,
Fell down upon the stone:
The nurse took p the squealing child,
But still the child squeal'd on.
Samuel Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burlesque by Samuel Johnson )
- A Sorcerer Bids Farewell To Seem, Sylvia Plath
- I Dont Know Why...., Tony Adah
- All The Dead Dears, Sylvia Plath
- Finisterre, Sylvia Plath
- Love Is A Parallax, Sylvia Plath
- Alicante Lullaby, Sylvia Plath
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 80, Ronjoy Brahma
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath