Peter Daniel Phiri
Burden Of Love
I can't be your lover,
Because I can't love you,
Without hurting you.
I can't have you,
Because I can't lose you.
Nomatter what I do,
I can't run away from you,
But I can't touch you,
I can only love you from a distance.
I learned to be silent,
Since I can't confess my love to you.
Tears no longer run down my cheeks,
For their well has dried up.
I am a bridge to your happiness,
The person you should step on,
To get to your destiny, ..
I'm the reason for your joy,
And you are;
The reason for my pain.
But you are my better half,
You are the reason for my weakness,
For my lack of purpose.
How can I ever fight? ,
For something I can't have, ..
Something that can only destroy you;
My only love.
I don't desire to have money,
Nor do I yearn for treasure,
For I strive for somethings better than money and treasure.
I'm not a seeker of love,
For I have love in abundance,
Though I can't give it away;
The source of my burden,
And my misery.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Deep Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns