Peter Daniel Phiri
Burden Of Love
I can't be your lover,
Because I can't love you,
Without hurting you.
I can't have you,
Because I can't lose you.
Nomatter what I do,
I can't run away from you,
But I can't touch you,
I can only love you from a distance.
I learned to be silent,
Since I can't confess my love to you.
Tears no longer run down my cheeks,
For their well has dried up.
I am a bridge to your happiness,
The person you should step on,
To get to your destiny, ..
I'm the reason for your joy,
And you are;
The reason for my pain.
But you are my better half,
You are the reason for my weakness,
For my lack of purpose.
How can I ever fight? ,
For something I can't have, ..
Something that can only destroy you;
My only love.
I don't desire to have money,
Nor do I yearn for treasure,
For I strive for somethings better than money and treasure.
I'm not a seeker of love,
For I have love in abundance,
Though I can't give it away;
The source of my burden,
And my misery.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong