Peter Daniel Phiri
Burden Of Love
I can't be your lover,
Because I can't love you,
Without hurting you.
I can't have you,
Because I can't lose you.
Nomatter what I do,
I can't run away from you,
But I can't touch you,
I can only love you from a distance.
I learned to be silent,
Since I can't confess my love to you.
Tears no longer run down my cheeks,
For their well has dried up.
I am a bridge to your happiness,
The person you should step on,
To get to your destiny, ..
I'm the reason for your joy,
And you are;
The reason for my pain.
But you are my better half,
You are the reason for my weakness,
For my lack of purpose.
How can I ever fight? ,
For something I can't have, ..
Something that can only destroy you;
My only love.
I don't desire to have money,
Nor do I yearn for treasure,
For I strive for somethings better than money and treasure.
I'm not a seeker of love,
For I have love in abundance,
Though I can't give it away;
The source of my burden,
And my misery.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam