Burden Of Bad News
I’ve written enough similes to fill every verse,
hated someone enough to curse.
I’ve been in love and been broken hearted,
had to tell a few good friends farewell because our paths’ had parted.
Guilty of mistakes,
I’ve been the type to slam the brakes.
Too scared of feeling emotions,
that everything is an overplayed promotion,
to something that it’s not.
Never kiss and tell,
until the ship sets sail,
off to a far island where names mean nothing.
When a story is told,
the truth unfolds,
secrets that dance behind locked doors.
I’ve written too many similes to fill every verse,
with this I know that jealousy is my curse.
I’ve been in love and held a broken heart,
but I know when I tell my story thier paths will part.
Megan Tucker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Bad News by Megan Tucker )
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thanksgiving, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)