Burden Of Bad News
I’ve written enough similes to fill every verse,
hated someone enough to curse.
I’ve been in love and been broken hearted,
had to tell a few good friends farewell because our paths’ had parted.
Guilty of mistakes,
I’ve been the type to slam the brakes.
Too scared of feeling emotions,
that everything is an overplayed promotion,
to something that it’s not.
Never kiss and tell,
until the ship sets sail,
off to a far island where names mean nothing.
When a story is told,
the truth unfolds,
secrets that dance behind locked doors.
I’ve written too many similes to fill every verse,
with this I know that jealousy is my curse.
I’ve been in love and held a broken heart,
but I know when I tell my story thier paths will part.
Megan Tucker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Bad News by Megan Tucker )
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira