Bullets and student power!
Role of the teacher
Students of what so ever
To maintain over role of scholar
Is the education and it’s manpower
Torturing and abusing of their culture
To rule with whatever
Complaining father depict her desire
To control over, school mores rather
Humble teacher and school community shiver in despair
To whom we empower, so why education protect and maintain our culture
Life is more than unless bullets of their favor
School discipline may not poor but their discipline
Very power, Very power, Very power
Plot: Female teacher punished to kneel down by a powerful father for maintaininmg school decipline [June 15 2013]
North Western Provincial Council member Ananda Sarath Kumara had been arrested for punishing a female teacher by forcing her to kneel down, for advising his daughter over a disciplinary matter.Navagattegama Police arrested the PC member following a complaint lodged by the disciplinary teacher of Navodya Vidyalaya.According to the police spokesman the teacher had warned several students including the daughter of the provincial councillor for her uniform being too short.
The girl had complained this to her father, who had subsequently sited the school and verbally abused the teacher. He had then made her kneel down as a punishment.Police are conducting further inquiries.
Produced by Lake House Copyright © 2013 The Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Ltd.
sisirachandra vaduge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
“Such acts are never accepted by the Education Ministry, ” the minister said. Minister Gunawardena said the Education Ministry has the right to inquire into complaints made by teachers when such incidents are reported.
In this respect, the Education Ministry will never consider the position or status of the miscreant when investigating complaints by teachers against such misconduct.
onlanka news alert.
Comments about this poem (Bullets and student power! by sisirachandra vaduge )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu
- Suicide, Michael P. McParland
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Dirty Old Man of India, Khushwant Si.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Came I to summer, Nero CaroZiv
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey