Bullets and student power!
Role of the teacher
Students of what so ever
To maintain over role of scholar
Is the education and it’s manpower
Torturing and abusing of their culture
To rule with whatever
Complaining father depict her desire
To control over, school mores rather
Humble teacher and school community shiver in despair
To whom we empower, so why education protect and maintain our culture
Life is more than unless bullets of their favor
School discipline may not poor but their discipline
Very power, Very power, Very power
Plot: Female teacher punished to kneel down by a powerful father for maintaininmg school decipline [June 15 2013]
North Western Provincial Council member Ananda Sarath Kumara had been arrested for punishing a female teacher by forcing her to kneel down, for advising his daughter over a disciplinary matter.Navagattegama Police arrested the PC member following a complaint lodged by the disciplinary teacher of Navodya Vidyalaya.According to the police spokesman the teacher had warned several students including the daughter of the provincial councillor for her uniform being too short.
The girl had complained this to her father, who had subsequently sited the school and verbally abused the teacher. He had then made her kneel down as a punishment.Police are conducting further inquiries.
Produced by Lake House Copyright © 2013 The Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Ltd.
sisirachandra vaduge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
“Such acts are never accepted by the Education Ministry, ” the minister said. Minister Gunawardena said the Education Ministry has the right to inquire into complaints made by teachers when such incidents are reported.
In this respect, the Education Ministry will never consider the position or status of the miscreant when investigating complaints by teachers against such misconduct.
onlanka news alert.
Comments about this poem (Bullets and student power! by sisirachandra vaduge )
- Love Above, Arno Le Roux
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
- ব্যস্ততার অবসান, Yakub Ali
- Long Drought, maria sudibyo
- Rain Season Isn't Yet, maria sudibyo
- Paper Assignment, maria sudibyo
- 'RAMDAS KESAVADAS', the fraud, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- A Prayer, Holly Moon
- Benevolent Heart, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)