Bullets and student power!
Role of the teacher
Students of what so ever
To maintain over role of scholar
Is the education and it’s manpower
Torturing and abusing of their culture
To rule with whatever
Complaining father depict her desire
To control over, school mores rather
Humble teacher and school community shiver in despair
To whom we empower, so why education protect and maintain our culture
Life is more than unless bullets of their favor
School discipline may not poor but their discipline
Very power, Very power, Very power
Plot: Female teacher punished to kneel down by a powerful father for maintaininmg school decipline [June 15 2013]
North Western Provincial Council member Ananda Sarath Kumara had been arrested for punishing a female teacher by forcing her to kneel down, for advising his daughter over a disciplinary matter.Navagattegama Police arrested the PC member following a complaint lodged by the disciplinary teacher of Navodya Vidyalaya.According to the police spokesman the teacher had warned several students including the daughter of the provincial councillor for her uniform being too short.
The girl had complained this to her father, who had subsequently sited the school and verbally abused the teacher. He had then made her kneel down as a punishment.Police are conducting further inquiries.
Produced by Lake House Copyright © 2013 The Associated Newspapers of Ceylon Ltd.
sisirachandra vaduge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
“Such acts are never accepted by the Education Ministry, ” the minister said. Minister Gunawardena said the Education Ministry has the right to inquire into complaints made by teachers when such incidents are reported.
In this respect, the Education Ministry will never consider the position or status of the miscreant when investigating complaints by teachers against such misconduct.
onlanka news alert.
Comments about this poem (Bullets and student power! by sisirachandra vaduge )
- Se(lection), Tony Adah
- Octopus, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fill Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moving Along Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Gift, Michael McParland
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)