Perhaps to many my words of poetry seem much too ambiguous.
Although I must attest, that I do not attempt to be disingenuous.
Therefore my gist is never paltry but rather much propitious.
The pith of my poems can be found, in the toils of stanzas ingenious.
They are lost in the mystic nature of imagination and expression.
We indulge as poets to assent, to the notion of assertion.
A spirit induced and wiled, by the magnitude of its magnanimity.
Enthralled and enraptured, in search of eternal sagacity.
Intertwined and bewitched, within the esprit so interminable.
It is interspersed in the warbling voices so intangible.
In our poems, we bestow upon the reader enlightenment.
We do not seek to impose befuddlement, or do we twaddle in dénouement.
Quixotic and never ribald, we dandle those who are recalcitrant.
We have no need to be righteous, and our autocracy is not a penchant.
Perhaps to many my words of poetry seem too prosaic and maladroit.
Although I must attest, that I was once a budding poet.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Budding poet by Franc Rodriguez )
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)