Perhaps to many my words of poetry seem much too ambiguous.
Although I must attest, that I do not attempt to be disingenuous.
Therefore my gist is never paltry but rather much propitious.
The pith of my poems can be found, in the toils of stanzas ingenious.
They are lost in the mystic nature of imagination and expression.
We indulge as poets to assent, to the notion of assertion.
A spirit induced and wiled, by the magnitude of its magnanimity.
Enthralled and enraptured, in search of eternal sagacity.
Intertwined and bewitched, within the esprit so interminable.
It is interspersed in the warbling voices so intangible.
In our poems, we bestow upon the reader enlightenment.
We do not seek to impose befuddlement, or do we twaddle in dénouement.
Quixotic and never ribald, we dandle those who are recalcitrant.
We have no need to be righteous, and our autocracy is not a penchant.
Perhaps to many my words of poetry seem too prosaic and maladroit.
Although I must attest, that I was once a budding poet.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Budding poet by Franc Rodriguez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 'It Is Nothing To write Home About', Almedia Knight Oliver
- Tyranny, Amitava Sur
- Be Near Heaven's Door, Naveed Akram
- On The Brink Of Insanity, Michael Webb
- Just Passing Through, Lora Colon
- Clarified Heart, Naveed Akram
- Walls and Weight and a Wake, Trevor Toews
- Best Friends, Francie Lynch
- This Afternoon, Trevor Toews
- Trash or Treasure, Trevor Toews