My true love ten thousand miles away
or ten million, it could be more,
the fireflies have already flied away,
but here I stand, looking forward.
The sun always rises on me
but then it sets, leaving me behind
I'm left here with no one
as darkness closes from both sides.
But I don't stand alone here,
because I know who I am,
I could be a thousand tears,
but they're all held inside a dam.
These deserts are so eroded
with empty rivers of dreams
but I already know that
I won't let you die this way.
I pinpoint your heart on my map
so I can see the way
in your arms I won't be sad,
the broken canyons form a plain
that'll take me from this land
and lead me from tomorrow's rain,
so in your arms I won't be sad,
if you really do exist,
our hearts are like broken glass
that crack at every broken wish.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Wish by Kelly Zion )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..