Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
No longer to soar, for
My wings are broken, and my feathers unrooted
In this excapade of affection.
Staggering like a bird deeped in strong alcohol,
I clap my feathers in the air- yet
Unable to fly, I'm left but with a faded fantasy.
Striving for a touch of love,
Upon the verandas of heaven,
Was left to my own illusion which were
But a delusion.
Who shall amend these broken wings of mine-
Who shall give that strenght again to soar;
It's all dwindled dream
Like a psychic hallucination
Seeing realities coming like fancies.
My wind of joy ceased,
My air of hope suddenly turned against me;
My reason into the future I cannot pilot that
Hard i get crushed on the tree of dismay.
Come cople these wings of mine.
Come give back the joy- the hope with which to fly;
It's only you
Only you who are my delight
Why let me in this ampoule of seclusion?
Come I pray thee and my joy be.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Wings by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Maithili Sharan Gupt
(3 August 1886 – 12 December 1964)
(16 September 1880 – 25 June 1958)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak