An aged, affectionate father
Nourished his indigent son
His whole family of four, rather
Pouring all his love in tons.
His own house he parted
For his son’s family to stay
And went onto a small house rented
For his son to have his way.
He even made an extension
To his neat own house
And gave it away to his son
To let him fetch rent and have no grouse.
He further subsidized
For the son’s family when
He also remitted school fees—an amount sized
For the upcoming grand children.
At this juncture: -
The father was gravely affected
At the unsavoury words from his son
He was very much shattered
From that day on his son he did shun.
The father broken of heart
Cut off fully his son’s relationship
He withdrew all help due to the dart
Which pained him to flip.
The son underwent an operation
Of the spinal cord due to an injury
Of which too the father had little unction
And had no mind to visit him in his misery.
The father’s heart was hit hard
He was prodded by all not to be offensive
But he wouldn’t budge for his ward
One couldn’t succeed to educate his heart to forgive!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Heart by chandra thiagarajan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..