An aged, affectionate father
Nourished his indigent son
His whole family of four, rather
Pouring all his love in tons.
His own house he parted
For his son’s family to stay
And went onto a small house rented
For his son to have his way.
He even made an extension
To his neat own house
And gave it away to his son
To let him fetch rent and have no grouse.
He further subsidized
For the son’s family when
He also remitted school fees—an amount sized
For the upcoming grand children.
At this juncture: -
The father was gravely affected
At the unsavoury words from his son
He was very much shattered
From that day on his son he did shun.
The father broken of heart
Cut off fully his son’s relationship
He withdrew all help due to the dart
Which pained him to flip.
The son underwent an operation
Of the spinal cord due to an injury
Of which too the father had little unction
And had no mind to visit him in his misery.
The father’s heart was hit hard
He was prodded by all not to be offensive
But he wouldn’t budge for his ward
One couldn’t succeed to educate his heart to forgive!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Heart by chandra thiagarajan )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger