Broken For The Last Time
Was I the cause of my fall.
Did I let him ruin me
Like a mirror that fell I was down on the floor with nothing but pieces of myself only too sore.
Quickly I mend myself trying to not show any signs.
Was it the last time?
Somebody show me a sign, will this life ever be mine. All I hope is that I was broke for the last time.
I'm not even that pretty anymore. My smile is filled with nothing but cracks
I so wonder every night what I lack.
Whatever did I do to deserve this is the only question that permeates my mind.
Nothing I ever do is right. I can do it all but fight.
I've lost the energy to continue mending myself. I never chose this way.
It changed a bright day to gloom, a sunny morning to a dark night, twisted my every dream.
I have long been hoping to escape this situation.
With all hope I have.... May I be broken for the last time.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken For The Last Time by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Cold December, Vidura Prabhath
- My Love 4 You, Kristopher DeLander
- My tribute, Laxman Rao
- The Way You Make Me Feel, Kristopher DeLander
- Do as per the words from the mouth of le.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Because Of You, Kristopher DeLander
- In the far meadowland, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I Can See Beyond The Hills, I Can Tell B.., kayanja isaac
- I hear again, hasmukh amathalal
- With Some Desires of Surviving, Rohit Sapra