Broken For The Last Time
Was I the cause of my fall.
Did I let him ruin me
Like a mirror that fell I was down on the floor with nothing but pieces of myself only too sore.
Quickly I mend myself trying to not show any signs.
Was it the last time?
Somebody show me a sign, will this life ever be mine. All I hope is that I was broke for the last time.
I'm not even that pretty anymore. My smile is filled with nothing but cracks
I so wonder every night what I lack.
Whatever did I do to deserve this is the only question that permeates my mind.
Nothing I ever do is right. I can do it all but fight.
I've lost the energy to continue mending myself. I never chose this way.
It changed a bright day to gloom, a sunny morning to a dark night, twisted my every dream.
I have long been hoping to escape this situation.
With all hope I have.... May I be broken for the last time.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken For The Last Time by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)