Broken For The Last Time
Was I the cause of my fall.
Did I let him ruin me
Like a mirror that fell I was down on the floor with nothing but pieces of myself only too sore.
Quickly I mend myself trying to not show any signs.
Was it the last time?
Somebody show me a sign, will this life ever be mine. All I hope is that I was broke for the last time.
I'm not even that pretty anymore. My smile is filled with nothing but cracks
I so wonder every night what I lack.
Whatever did I do to deserve this is the only question that permeates my mind.
Nothing I ever do is right. I can do it all but fight.
I've lost the energy to continue mending myself. I never chose this way.
It changed a bright day to gloom, a sunny morning to a dark night, twisted my every dream.
I have long been hoping to escape this situation.
With all hope I have.... May I be broken for the last time.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken For The Last Time by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon