Broken For The Last Time
Was I the cause of my fall.
Did I let him ruin me
Like a mirror that fell I was down on the floor with nothing but pieces of myself only too sore.
Quickly I mend myself trying to not show any signs.
Was it the last time?
Somebody show me a sign, will this life ever be mine. All I hope is that I was broke for the last time.
I'm not even that pretty anymore. My smile is filled with nothing but cracks
I so wonder every night what I lack.
Whatever did I do to deserve this is the only question that permeates my mind.
Nothing I ever do is right. I can do it all but fight.
I've lost the energy to continue mending myself. I never chose this way.
It changed a bright day to gloom, a sunny morning to a dark night, twisted my every dream.
I have long been hoping to escape this situation.
With all hope I have.... May I be broken for the last time.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken For The Last Time by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Human Abstract, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)