Broken For The Last Time
Was I the cause of my fall.
Did I let him ruin me
Like a mirror that fell I was down on the floor with nothing but pieces of myself only too sore.
Quickly I mend myself trying to not show any signs.
Was it the last time?
Somebody show me a sign, will this life ever be mine. All I hope is that I was broke for the last time.
I'm not even that pretty anymore. My smile is filled with nothing but cracks
I so wonder every night what I lack.
Whatever did I do to deserve this is the only question that permeates my mind.
Nothing I ever do is right. I can do it all but fight.
I've lost the energy to continue mending myself. I never chose this way.
It changed a bright day to gloom, a sunny morning to a dark night, twisted my every dream.
I have long been hoping to escape this situation.
With all hope I have.... May I be broken for the last time.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken For The Last Time by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Save the girls, gajanan mishra
- Awaiting For Spring, Rimni chakravarty
- Light a fire, gajanan mishra