Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story'
So many dreams, so many goals, so much potential.
I was suppose to be great, I was suppose to be a success,
I was suppose to something. I was brout up to be a strong man.
These simple problems was not suppose to phase me,
but now every little problem put a little bit of the worlds pressure on
me. I worked hard at everything that I have done. I have put my time,
blood, sweet, & tears into everything good in my life. But in a blink of
an eye everything I worked for was taken away from me. All that it
took was for you my wife of 12 years, the person that said that she
would love me forever, the very woman that told me 'I do.' Decided
that she wasn't in love with me anymore. She took the house, the couch & chairs, the cars, the kids, all of my money, & even the dog.
She left me a broken man, lost with no sense of direction. I was suppose to be better than this. I am suppose to be better than this.
How could I allow one person to hurt me like this to break me like this?
I was a man with so many goals, so many dreams, so much potential.
Now I'm a man just looking for a way to survive day to day
Craig Mize's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Dreams 'A Divorce Story' by Craig Mize )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(September 16, 1925 – August 22, 2011)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin
- The imperfect world, Cyrus Shaftang
- Marriage, Marlin Nightingale
- Ruins الاطلال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Your eyes, Leong Ming Loong
- Studentship., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Knowing the Truth, Nika McGuin
- I write, Nassy Fesharaki
- Assuredly بالتأكيد, MOHAMMAD SKATI