No footprint left upon my heart,
nor piercing arrow, nor cupid’s dart.
No lover claims my soul by theft,
upon my heart, no footprint left.
I live within myself alone
and only reap what I have sown.
I keep my feelings on the shelf,
alone I live within myself.
Within my castle tower safe,
a thickened skin that will not chafe.
Untarnished as a winsome flower,
safe within my castle tower.
Walls will rise and walls will fall,
I never wanted this at all.
My loveless life was a disguise,
Walls will fall and walls will rise.
Au thor's Notes:
Modified Swap Quatrain
Amera Andersen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Chains by Amera Andersen )
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)