Can one see a beauty?
Beauty can be perceived, not seen;
For one person might call something a beauty; the other sees it ugly.
A broken statue can be discovered as a treasure to an expert,
But it can be seen as rubbish to untrained amateur.
Is there a beauty in a broken stained soul?
To her, who owns the soul might think naught;
To God Who had created her soul has long besought
To restore her soul to its pristine original image.
Is it ugly useless waste which should be thrown away?
Absolutely not, for God still regards a broken soul as His unpolished beauty;
And that is why He now sends His art conservator/restorer - me ;)
Is it kind of scary?
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Beauty by Don Nguyen )
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh
- puzzle, kkc bba
- Unknown destination, ramesh rai
- A Welcome Death, Wood Nymph
- Bent Mask, Tim Murray