If all had been perfect-
If all had gone right.
would have claimed you
Not left you that night.
Yet I let you go...
Though I tried to wait.
Somehow I fell
Into the trap of fate...
How could I believe,
You'ld ever be mine?
That the thrill of the moonlight,
Or the sleepy sun on the sill-
Would move over to beckon
Another dance in the night.
Would coax you
to visit just one more time...
I lost you... in the soft autumn breeze...
And I lost you again,
as the summer winds teased...
Calling your heart-
To surrender in need.
A lesson well learned
Or the dream of your passion-
That you so sweetly fashioned-
Will unravel like beads,
Falling into the cracks.
Never gathered again completely.
To revive a broken dream...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken... by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- Two Green Tomatoes Smashed In The Street, Mandolyn ...