If all had been perfect-
If all had gone right.
would have claimed you
Not left you that night.
Yet I let you go...
Though I tried to wait.
Somehow I fell
Into the trap of fate...
How could I believe,
You'ld ever be mine?
That the thrill of the moonlight,
Or the sleepy sun on the sill-
Would move over to beckon
Another dance in the night.
Would coax you
to visit just one more time...
I lost you... in the soft autumn breeze...
And I lost you again,
as the summer winds teased...
Calling your heart-
To surrender in need.
A lesson well learned
Or the dream of your passion-
That you so sweetly fashioned-
Will unravel like beads,
Falling into the cracks.
Never gathered again completely.
To revive a broken dream...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken... by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)