Along the distant sea,
I heard a wonderful melody.
The music, it had so much love.
It even moves the birds that fly from above.
Along the distant shore, as I come to appear,
I saw a young girl, playing the violin, that was so very near.
When I arrived, the song began to soar.
It was as if it was creating a golden door.
From the door, there came a carriage cart.
She rode away with the melody from her one, bright heart.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bright Heart by Casey Jarrell )
(c. 1343 – 25 October 1400)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(30th November 1991)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Tiger, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Borne 'pon th' Gaelic Winds o'er Kellenw.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Life of Love, Moriah Schutt
- SONNET IV, Sir Toby Moses
- Love is Complicated, Moriah Schutt
- Let Me Be With My Conscience, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- That you are beautiful, Gert Strydom
- Morning, Gert Strydom
- Niagara's Yulia, Nassy Fesharaki
- SONNET III, Sir Toby Moses
- during eve of next moment..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi