Along the distant sea,
I heard a wonderful melody.
The music, it had so much love.
It even moves the birds that fly from above.
Along the distant shore, as I come to appear,
I saw a young girl, playing the violin, that was so very near.
When I arrived, the song began to soar.
It was as if it was creating a golden door.
From the door, there came a carriage cart.
She rode away with the melody from her one, bright heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bright Heart by Casey Jarrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friend Or A Lover?, Ronald Chapman
- Friday Date Night (Acrostic Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Silence, Cheryl Griffith
- Freedom Is! (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- a Poem Born in July, ronald stroman
- Peace, Jack Rolph
- Forget It! (Writers Block), Ronald Chapman
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki