Along the distant sea,
I heard a wonderful melody.
The music, it had so much love.
It even moves the birds that fly from above.
Along the distant shore, as I come to appear,
I saw a young girl, playing the violin, that was so very near.
When I arrived, the song began to soar.
It was as if it was creating a golden door.
From the door, there came a carriage cart.
She rode away with the melody from her one, bright heart.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bright Heart by Casey Jarrell )
- You are imperishable, gajanan mishra
- E a Lua e as Estrelas e o Mundo, Gabriela Laufer
- Flower, Cee Bea
- Lavender, Cee Bea
- THE SHRIEK, Satish Verma
- The Terror, David Lewis Paget
- Union - within us, gajanan mishra
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)