Along the distant sea,
I heard a wonderful melody.
The music, it had so much love.
It even moves the birds that fly from above.
Along the distant shore, as I come to appear,
I saw a young girl, playing the violin, that was so very near.
When I arrived, the song began to soar.
It was as if it was creating a golden door.
From the door, there came a carriage cart.
She rode away with the melody from her one, bright heart.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bright Heart by Casey Jarrell )
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
- We have right, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)