RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Breaking Inner Strait Jackets
Tempting inner strait jackets of rage, pulling at the ropes,
tying together years of anger, are the desires of breaking
Past memories have had a stranglehold for too long, searching
everywhere for some help, afraid to accept any of it until now.
Fear is still there, but desire of overcoming it has become
greater by far than at any other time.
Life must be cut away from inner physical entities, so
personality and talent may grow and mature.
Tendencies towards dependency have finally been nipped and
refused to grow beyond ever again.
Pain of anger and rage, enclosed in a tomb-like barrier has
hurt long enough, not wanting the sorrow they bring.
Reaching towards the child within, preparing to become the
person they are.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking Inner Strait Jackets by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
- Child the Blossoming Bud, Kumarmani Mahakul
- fun, douglas scotney
- To the Morning Star, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)