Break The Fall
We fall like leaves to the shore,
of some forsaken lake,
we leave our pain just to find more,
but the best of it we should make.
When we fall from our trees,
we may feel like we're rotten;
your grief I can clearly see,
but I remind you you're not forgotten.
I can say that when we fall,
blown by the poignant Autumn wind,
then in the eyes of all
does our former beauty rescind.
For now we glow with the golden sun,
our radiance resonates with sadness,
despite our spirit saying 'I'm done, '
as we climb the descent into madness.
So break the fall with the truth,
and forget not of your friends
for we are still in our youth,
and it is not yet time to end.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Break The Fall by Soren Valentine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra