This is my path
and i'll walk on it like a braveheart
I wear my heart on my sleeve
so i don't blame you for disregarding it
I'll close my eyes and walk on water
I'm living the life of a martyr
i believe the choices i make.. the people i love.. are all just weapons in my hand that i pick to hurt myself.
Just a looming feeling of end around the corner.
Water sitting on the rim of my glass. Ready of fall out. Undone. Free from all containments.
It's hard to keep myself together
...And even through it all, this icy cold winter that I fight
I have a fire in me.
A fire of hopes, dreams, innocence like that of a child.
A whisper from heaven saying,
'things will be fine if you make it to the other side.'
Ruhi Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Braveheart by Ruhi Shah )
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Oil In White Robe, Okoemu Barnabas
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)