This is my path
and i'll walk on it like a braveheart
I wear my heart on my sleeve
so i don't blame you for disregarding it
I'll close my eyes and walk on water
I'm living the life of a martyr
i believe the choices i make.. the people i love.. are all just weapons in my hand that i pick to hurt myself.
Just a looming feeling of end around the corner.
Water sitting on the rim of my glass. Ready of fall out. Undone. Free from all containments.
It's hard to keep myself together
...And even through it all, this icy cold winter that I fight
I have a fire in me.
A fire of hopes, dreams, innocence like that of a child.
A whisper from heaven saying,
'things will be fine if you make it to the other side.'
Ruhi Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Braveheart by Ruhi Shah )
- Never MInd!, Nweke Emmanuel
- All of us, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Stranger, Nweke Emmanuel
- Love is (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
- Loving has a skill (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
- Smplee lust, hasmukh amathalal
- This...'Real' You, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- The Sentinel, Percy Dovetonsils
- Negative Beings, Tameeka Smith
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Tourists, Yehuda Amichai
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)