Braid your hair with His …
God - has many names,
But “Love” is the one that counts
Most aptly “Love is”… “Love”
“Just Love” only, one word—
Like …“God” isn’t it?
God – has so many names
Each acts as a veil …
But “Love” is, “Love” only.
So braid your hair with His …
Embrace, lock fingers with His.
His is a tree twining roots …
His is the first branch you perch on …
His is the bough at your centre
Your hearts bead is a locket of amber
“The trees name” is “Love.”
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Braid your hair with His … by Mark Heathcote )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal