Lawrence S. Pertillar
Bored With School
I became extremely bored with school,
At an early age.
I felt I was watched and scrutinized,
I told my 5th grade teacher this.
AFTER given an assignment,
To write an essay...
Right there in the classroom.
I felt her hawkish eyes on me,
Like I was prey.
And she couldn't wait to see,
What I had written.
Why are you looking out the window.
I've given all of you students an assignment.'
~You've asked us to write an assignment...
With an 'a' and a 'd' surrounding an 'n'
I was done! ~
'You are a fresh mouth little boy.
Bring to me your work.'
~And there are no spelling errors.
I check it.~
Very 'adult' in expression.
But this is a 5th grade assignment.
And YOU are getting a 'C'.'
~A 'C'? ~
'Open your mouth again,
And it will become a 'D'.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bored With School by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Beneath Covers Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My New Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Lost Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Longing, Leong Ming Loong
- Mr. Conservative Asking Her Daughter, Wh.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Parable, Leong Ming Loong
- The Torture, Leong Ming Loong
- Fanatic's Daughter Miss Burquawalli Met .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Formless Form, Leong Ming Loong
- The Poor Boy, Leong Ming Loong
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love, Ocean Myranda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- 'Happy Happy birthday', Verlecia fields
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)