Lawrence S. Pertillar
Bored With School
I became extremely bored with school,
At an early age.
I felt I was watched and scrutinized,
I told my 5th grade teacher this.
AFTER given an assignment,
To write an essay...
Right there in the classroom.
I felt her hawkish eyes on me,
Like I was prey.
And she couldn't wait to see,
What I had written.
Why are you looking out the window.
I've given all of you students an assignment.'
~You've asked us to write an assignment...
With an 'a' and a 'd' surrounding an 'n'
I was done! ~
'You are a fresh mouth little boy.
Bring to me your work.'
~And there are no spelling errors.
I check it.~
Very 'adult' in expression.
But this is a 5th grade assignment.
And YOU are getting a 'C'.'
~A 'C'? ~
'Open your mouth again,
And it will become a 'D'.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bored With School by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR