Bootprints And Tiretreads
If you follow my bootprints
you'll find empty shoes,
if I walked away from you.
If I follow you're tiretreads,
I'd find empty tracks,
if you walk away from me
there's no turning back.
Oh, but I'd make a road anyway
to help guide you home
and you'd fill my shoeprints
with your own cowboy boots.
We'll make each other make it
because we care so much
we'll fill the tire and bootprints
with sweet unfeigned love.
Oh, we'll make it home together
and if I run away
you'll come after me
with empty tire treads.
You'll always rescue me,
and I'll rescue you
because this world is so lonely
in empty cowboy boots.
Oh baby, and we need each other,
we need true love,
so I'll follow your tire treads
until I find your truck.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bootprints And Tiretreads by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR