Bootprints And Tiretreads
If you follow my bootprints
you'll find empty shoes,
if I walked away from you.
If I follow you're tiretreads,
I'd find empty tracks,
if you walk away from me
there's no turning back.
Oh, but I'd make a road anyway
to help guide you home
and you'd fill my shoeprints
with your own cowboy boots.
We'll make each other make it
because we care so much
we'll fill the tire and bootprints
with sweet unfeigned love.
Oh, we'll make it home together
and if I run away
you'll come after me
with empty tire treads.
You'll always rescue me,
and I'll rescue you
because this world is so lonely
in empty cowboy boots.
Oh baby, and we need each other,
we need true love,
so I'll follow your tire treads
until I find your truck.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bootprints And Tiretreads by Kelly Zion )
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- love pains, bikram baniya
- At destruction, hasmukh amathalal
- मुकुट, dhirajkumar taksande