Bootprints And Tiretreads
If you follow my bootprints
you'll find empty shoes,
if I walked away from you.
If I follow you're tiretreads,
I'd find empty tracks,
if you walk away from me
there's no turning back.
Oh, but I'd make a road anyway
to help guide you home
and you'd fill my shoeprints
with your own cowboy boots.
We'll make each other make it
because we care so much
we'll fill the tire and bootprints
with sweet unfeigned love.
Oh, we'll make it home together
and if I run away
you'll come after me
with empty tire treads.
You'll always rescue me,
and I'll rescue you
because this world is so lonely
in empty cowboy boots.
Oh baby, and we need each other,
we need true love,
so I'll follow your tire treads
until I find your truck.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bootprints And Tiretreads by Kelly Zion )
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- I SLEEP FOR A DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Modern Indian English Poetess, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Soul, Richard Bretton
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)