Bomb America? Kill Americans? Why?
Bomb America! Kill Americans!
My heart grieves for the victims of the latest onslaught of terrorism.
Why we ask?
All over the world extremists cry.
The immigrants that come here, do so by choice.
It is because they yearn for freedom.
Freedom to be heard, freedom to follow their dreams.
We all came from immigrants.
Because we are free to love and give.
Free to share and live.
Free to serve our country and free to vote and change our country.
All over the world for hundreds of years, other people have hated America and it's people.
Because they are scared and jealous of a country that values it's own people and allows them to think on their own and enjoy freedom.
They hate a country that has unselfishly help the world when the world needed our country. When their own countries could not help their own people.
Bomb America! Kill Americans!
They think they can scare us by their threats and actions.
All they do is make America stronger and the people unified. Because under God our country was created and with God's love we will come together stronger and tougher to defeat the terrorists and continue to offer help to the world.
Our country was created by love. Since the birth of this great country we have continued to change this country for the better and grow, becoming the greatest free country on earth. We did so by allowing our citizens to vote and in time we changed laws to allow equality for all that are in this country.
America will continue to grow because the constitution protects us. The constitution lives in us and allows us to become a better nation.
We abolished slavery, allowed women to vote, saved the world in WWI & WWII. Who knows what else the future holds.
As our country gets older we just get stronger and wiser.
Bomb Americans! Kill Americans!
When will they learn they cannot defeat us for we are united and we stand united!
We will live and mourn for our losses but we will remain strong and defeat our enemies because we are free to follow our dreams.
And we have God's love on our side.
Dimitri Jagodinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bomb America? Kill Americans? Why? by Dimitri Jagodinski )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney
- Theoretically Squeaking, michael walkerjohn
- Interior Life's Library, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why I Love writing Poetry?, Hebert Logerie
- Enjoyable Times, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Regions Of Silent Atmospheres, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Switching Parties, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spiral Interpretations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poet Comes and Recites an Immortal P.., Musfiq us shaleheen