I consider my body a house
Wherein I am the lone inhabitant.
Here in this house see the bones
Forming spine ribs arms
Here see the legs are like beams
Crossbeams and pillar of body-house
The whole structure of this house
Is full of stool urine and covered by
Skin hair nails
This house-body is deteriorating day by day
This body is flimsy one and filled with
Unpleasant elements always
Nine doors are here in this body
Two eyes two nostrils two ears the mouth
The genital and anus
I am neglecting my own house
That is going in to crushed in to powder
Cut in to pieces, drowned, burned, suffocated
The builder of the house is Almighty
I have forgotten Him who has the sketch map
And all the materials of repair works.
He is the sculpture and the mason and the well-wisher
Really I am committing mistake not remembering Him
And enjoying here alone without giving Him His dues.
And I am suffering and I am suffering here.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Body-house by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver
- Blue Starred In The Blue Grass Spring Lu.., mary douglas
- Mist Clothed, Saiom Shriver
- Be A Man, Richard Provencher
- Respecting Autonomy, Saiom Shriver