Body And Blood
The night 'fore His death, the Son of Man spoke
As He was holding a loaf which He broke,
'This is my body-flesh wherein I came,
Flesh where I went down in humility,
The body on which will be laid down your shame
Where will be judged Adam's iniquity'
'As this bread is broken into pieces
And as among you, this loaf is divide,
So will my body for your tresspasses
And for your sins will be afflicted.'
'Do this, my friends, in remembrance of me,
Do this as you have me in mind to bear,
For I'll return with glorified body,
And return with glory to you I'll share.'
The same night, God's only begotten spoke
Holding a cup of sweet wine which he took,
'This is my blood which's given for cleansing,
Life that the Father for you has given
That to you, the salvation I might bring,
That from your sins, you will be forgiven.'
'As from this cup, the sweet wine is flowing
And as from the cup this grape's blood is shed,
So will the blood be flowing from the King,
So will the Lamb of God for you will bleed.'
'Do this, my friends, in remembrance if me.
Do this as you have me in mind to bear
For I shall return with shout's of, 'Holy! '
And in heaven, you'll take your place there! '
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Body And Blood by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- You hold my soul, Amit Radha Krishna Nigam
- Wrong thought process, Emma Connor
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' Boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(15 April 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns