Body And Blood
The night 'fore His death, the Son of Man spoke
As He was holding a loaf which He broke,
'This is my body-flesh wherein I came,
Flesh where I went down in humility,
The body on which will be laid down your shame
Where will be judged Adam's iniquity'
'As this bread is broken into pieces
And as among you, this loaf is divide,
So will my body for your tresspasses
And for your sins will be afflicted.'
'Do this, my friends, in remembrance of me,
Do this as you have me in mind to bear,
For I'll return with glorified body,
And return with glory to you I'll share.'
The same night, God's only begotten spoke
Holding a cup of sweet wine which he took,
'This is my blood which's given for cleansing,
Life that the Father for you has given
That to you, the salvation I might bring,
That from your sins, you will be forgiven.'
'As from this cup, the sweet wine is flowing
And as from the cup this grape's blood is shed,
So will the blood be flowing from the King,
So will the Lamb of God for you will bleed.'
'Do this, my friends, in remembrance if me.
Do this as you have me in mind to bear
For I shall return with shout's of, 'Holy! '
And in heaven, you'll take your place there! '
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Body And Blood by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate