I found a rose covered in blood,
I wondered how it survived?
I took that rose in my hands
I placed it next to my heart.
The rose grew roots on my heart.
It took my blood to survive.
It fed from hopes, dreams and laughs.
It made me shiver and shine.
Although the rose was taking away,
The energy stored in this facade.
My nights, my days. My moonlight sun
It made me happy. It gave me joy
Losing my soul I didn't mind.
Giving my life just to survive.
The rose knew this, knew this and more.
It didn't care, for it was strong.
It wasn't weak. Not anymore
It tore itself away from me.
Ripping my heart. making it bleed
Piece by piece. deeper than deep
The cuts. the holes. The pain. The tears
It didn't stop, till it was free
While my heart bleeding 'stay' beseeched.
It didn't care. It walked away
Leaving a mess behind itself
Now I move on forward with my life
Lost. Heartless. Soulless. with out a fight
Wondering and wondering. with pain and fears.
Loneliness. Silence. Cries and more tears.
Today as a lay my head on my hands
Seeking with out finding in this dark land.
I can't help but ask this simple lie.
I found a rose covered in blood
Why did I place it next to my heart?
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Rose by Simply Ruby )
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 October 1942 -)