I found a rose covered in blood,
I wondered how it survived?
I took that rose in my hands
I placed it next to my heart.
The rose grew roots on my heart.
It took my blood to survive.
It fed from hopes, dreams and laughs.
It made me shiver and shine.
Although the rose was taking away,
The energy stored in this facade.
My nights, my days. My moonlight sun
It made me happy. It gave me joy
Losing my soul I didn't mind.
Giving my life just to survive.
The rose knew this, knew this and more.
It didn't care, for it was strong.
It wasn't weak. Not anymore
It tore itself away from me.
Ripping my heart. making it bleed
Piece by piece. deeper than deep
The cuts. the holes. The pain. The tears
It didn't stop, till it was free
While my heart bleeding 'stay' beseeched.
It didn't care. It walked away
Leaving a mess behind itself
Now I move on forward with my life
Lost. Heartless. Soulless. with out a fight
Wondering and wondering. with pain and fears.
Loneliness. Silence. Cries and more tears.
Today as a lay my head on my hands
Seeking with out finding in this dark land.
I can't help but ask this simple lie.
I found a rose covered in blood
Why did I place it next to my heart?
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Rose by Simply Ruby )
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)