I found a rose covered in blood,
I wondered how it survived?
I took that rose in my hands
I placed it next to my heart.
The rose grew roots on my heart.
It took my blood to survive.
It fed from hopes, dreams and laughs.
It made me shiver and shine.
Although the rose was taking away,
The energy stored in this facade.
My nights, my days. My moonlight sun
It made me happy. It gave me joy
Losing my soul I didn't mind.
Giving my life just to survive.
The rose knew this, knew this and more.
It didn't care, for it was strong.
It wasn't weak. Not anymore
It tore itself away from me.
Ripping my heart. making it bleed
Piece by piece. deeper than deep
The cuts. the holes. The pain. The tears
It didn't stop, till it was free
While my heart bleeding 'stay' beseeched.
It didn't care. It walked away
Leaving a mess behind itself
Now I move on forward with my life
Lost. Heartless. Soulless. with out a fight
Wondering and wondering. with pain and fears.
Loneliness. Silence. Cries and more tears.
Today as a lay my head on my hands
Seeking with out finding in this dark land.
I can't help but ask this simple lie.
I found a rose covered in blood
Why did I place it next to my heart?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Rose by Simply Ruby )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise