I found a rose covered in blood,
I wondered how it survived?
I took that rose in my hands
I placed it next to my heart.
The rose grew roots on my heart.
It took my blood to survive.
It fed from hopes, dreams and laughs.
It made me shiver and shine.
Although the rose was taking away,
The energy stored in this facade.
My nights, my days. My moonlight sun
It made me happy. It gave me joy
Losing my soul I didn't mind.
Giving my life just to survive.
The rose knew this, knew this and more.
It didn't care, for it was strong.
It wasn't weak. Not anymore
It tore itself away from me.
Ripping my heart. making it bleed
Piece by piece. deeper than deep
The cuts. the holes. The pain. The tears
It didn't stop, till it was free
While my heart bleeding 'stay' beseeched.
It didn't care. It walked away
Leaving a mess behind itself
Now I move on forward with my life
Lost. Heartless. Soulless. with out a fight
Wondering and wondering. with pain and fears.
Loneliness. Silence. Cries and more tears.
Today as a lay my head on my hands
Seeking with out finding in this dark land.
I can't help but ask this simple lie.
I found a rose covered in blood
Why did I place it next to my heart?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Rose by Simply Ruby )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones