I found a rose covered in blood,
I wondered how it survived?
I took that rose in my hands
I placed it next to my heart.
The rose grew roots on my heart.
It took my blood to survive.
It fed from hopes, dreams and laughs.
It made me shiver and shine.
Although the rose was taking away,
The energy stored in this facade.
My nights, my days. My moonlight sun
It made me happy. It gave me joy
Losing my soul I didn't mind.
Giving my life just to survive.
The rose knew this, knew this and more.
It didn't care, for it was strong.
It wasn't weak. Not anymore
It tore itself away from me.
Ripping my heart. making it bleed
Piece by piece. deeper than deep
The cuts. the holes. The pain. The tears
It didn't stop, till it was free
While my heart bleeding 'stay' beseeched.
It didn't care. It walked away
Leaving a mess behind itself
Now I move on forward with my life
Lost. Heartless. Soulless. with out a fight
Wondering and wondering. with pain and fears.
Loneliness. Silence. Cries and more tears.
Today as a lay my head on my hands
Seeking with out finding in this dark land.
I can't help but ask this simple lie.
I found a rose covered in blood
Why did I place it next to my heart?
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Rose by Simply Ruby )
- This ugly image هذه الصورة القبيحة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns