Stevie Taite (30th January 1973 / Kent, England)
That bloody Ikea, someone ought to be shot
for designing their plugs so they stick out a lot.
Why should they make them fit so close to the wall?
That's over pragmatic, no challenge at all!
In theory their lighting is ever so classy
but when they're unpacked the damn things make me arsey
My non Swedish table that stood by my bed
It's been moved some where much less useful instead
The years pass me by and my decor gets tired
So I sift their free brochure and get all inspired
And then I go back to be tempted again
For by then I've forgotten their plugs are a pain
As a company famed for space saving ideas
they're good, but just don't get your lights from ikea.
I hope for their plugs there's a job on the line
Recruit someone with half a brain the next time.
Poet Other Poems
- A Lesson On Poetry From My Five Year Old
- A Quiet Side Street
- A to Z of A body completing demanding ex...
- A to Z of less able exerciser!
- A Writers' Zen
- Affliction or Blessing?
- Angels fall
- Another limerick about the limerick mast...
- Answered in dreams (a bit saucy)
- Autumn 's waking mutants!
- Before A*
- Behold The Flower Of The Waterlily
- Black and Gold
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.