That bloody Ikea, someone ought to be shot
for designing their plugs so they stick out a lot.
Why should they make them fit so close to the wall?
That's over pragmatic, no challenge at all!
In theory their lighting is ever so classy
but when they're unpacked the damn things make me arsey
My non Swedish table that stood by my bed
It's been moved some where much less useful instead
The years pass me by and my decor gets tired
So I sift their free brochure and get all inspired
And then I go back to be tempted again
For by then I've forgotten their plugs are a pain
As a company famed for space saving ideas
they're good, but just don't get your lights from ikea.
I hope for their plugs there's a job on the line
Recruit someone with half a brain the next time.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody Ikea by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Nature's Path, Joy Cordwell
- Choices, Danielle Dessels
- Never, Never, Never Give Up!, Denis Martindale
- Deep Within, Lilly Emery
- State Of Terror, Naveed Akram
- صرخة ألم, Sossi Khachadourian
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh