Blood On Blood
Another quiet death,
deep and rooted,
a mighty tree,
growing in the dark.
A miniature war,
gunshot after gunshot,
getting up after each wound,
how do you do it?
That smile is a ruse,
that's painted on a sad canvas,
covered in pastels of black and red,
another little picture-perfect falsity.
Nicholas Peter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blood On Blood by Nicholas Peter )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid