Blood in Your Heart
Has life ever clenched you by the chest
and forced you to see the rest
of the details?
Has a moment ever summed up your
whole Existence? If you were put
on the spot and the Giant Ear of the World
could you speak smooth
Or would you shutter
at the responsibility
...and not know what to utter?
Is the Blood in your Heart
and the Mist on your Soul
pouring out over the Earth
from South to North Pole?
Or, is it only worthy
of being spilled
in some gutter?
Ray Quesada's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blood in Your Heart by Ray Quesada )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In The Dark, Michael McParland
- I'm Not Scared, Michael McParland
- Imagination, Ronald Chapman
- I'm Me, Michael McParland
- Lord, I Pray..., John Ugolo Umah
- I'm Lost, Michael McParland
- I'm Listening, Michael McParland
- Secrets, John Ugolo Umah
- If I Was You, Michael McParland
- Lightning-Tiger, Ronald Chapman