Blood and Wine
There you stand
And here I fall,
My shouts grow hoarse,
But you don’t come back at all.
Sun may give you a halo,
But it sure ain’t all holy,
The way you discard me after my use,
More like week old rotten strawberry.
Oh darlin’ your kisses taste bitter,
And those lies are too sweeter,
Spoil the taste of my mouth,
Might as well write,
The saga of your faithlessness with glitter.
My taste is like blood,
And you taste of wine,
I might be your addiction,
A shot of pure adrenaline.
You let me drag you down,
You come willingly I must say,
And that mask you shield yourself with,
Melts like ice cream in hot May.
So maybe we are demons,
Or ghosts of love neglected,
Maybe we were shot by cupid’s arrow,
And that’s why we are connected.
Doesn’t matter what we say,
‘Cause this is something we could never understand,
So why fight it so badly,
I muse as I take you by your hand,
Leading to a world of passions,
Some healthy, some too addictive,
Who are we to deny them?
If we do wont we be vindictive?
So just let go,
Trust me on this,
We may be poison,
But we are gonna feed each other bliss…………………………
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blood and Wine by Lucifera Santez )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper
- Five Liner- Another Dawn, Valsa George
- They're at it again, Danny Draper