Blood and Wine
There you stand
And here I fall,
My shouts grow hoarse,
But you don’t come back at all.
Sun may give you a halo,
But it sure ain’t all holy,
The way you discard me after my use,
More like week old rotten strawberry.
Oh darlin’ your kisses taste bitter,
And those lies are too sweeter,
Spoil the taste of my mouth,
Might as well write,
The saga of your faithlessness with glitter.
My taste is like blood,
And you taste of wine,
I might be your addiction,
A shot of pure adrenaline.
You let me drag you down,
You come willingly I must say,
And that mask you shield yourself with,
Melts like ice cream in hot May.
So maybe we are demons,
Or ghosts of love neglected,
Maybe we were shot by cupid’s arrow,
And that’s why we are connected.
Doesn’t matter what we say,
‘Cause this is something we could never understand,
So why fight it so badly,
I muse as I take you by your hand,
Leading to a world of passions,
Some healthy, some too addictive,
Who are we to deny them?
If we do wont we be vindictive?
So just let go,
Trust me on this,
We may be poison,
But we are gonna feed each other bliss…………………………
Topic(s): love hurts
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blood and Wine by Lucifera Santez )
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
- Cheenti ki maut (Hindi) चींटी की मौत, S.D. TIWARI
- Even If You're Not A Poet, Call You That.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Truly Love you, Michael McParland
- The Third Person, Latha Krishnan
- This Body And This Mind, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)