Stevie Taite (30th January 1973 / Kent, England)
Pop as my waters broke.
So full of anticipation.
Waves of contraction.
Oh burning ring of fire.
Stretched to ripping point.
Then followed relief.
Bearing down, sending your invite.
Come meet your family.
Sister waited excitedly.
Perfect mop of dark hair.
I held you close.
You smelt sweet.
A cascade of overwhelming emotions
Staring into husbands eyes
Happy tears cried
Words cannot express how happy.
Joy, elation, complete, pride
I wholly invest
Poet Other Poems
- A Lesson On Poetry From My Five Year Old
- A Quiet Side Street
- A to Z of A body completing demanding ex...
- A to Z of less able exerciser!
- A Writers' Zen
- Affliction or Blessing?
- Angels fall
- Another limerick about the limerick mast...
- Answered in dreams (a bit saucy)
- Autumn 's waking mutants!
- Before A*
- Behold The Flower Of The Waterlily
- Black and Gold
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.