Pop as my waters broke.
So full of anticipation.
Waves of contraction.
Oh burning ring of fire.
Stretched to ripping point.
Then followed relief.
Bearing down, sending your invite.
Come meet your family.
Sister waited excitedly.
Perfect mop of dark hair.
I held you close.
You smelt sweet.
A cascade of overwhelming emotions
Staring into husbands eyes
Happy tears cried
Words cannot express how happy.
Joy, elation, complete, pride
I wholly invest
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blessed by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Life Is, Jon M. Nelson
- Short Ode to Screwball Women, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Lemons, Jon M. Nelson
- Paradise Found, Damian Murphy
- Seventh Sunday, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Fires in the Sky, Ronald Chapman
- Driving Me Crazy! !, Damian Murphy
- For The Maids Of Chibok, Simpa omoluabi
- Sakura Park, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson