Pop as my waters broke.
So full of anticipation.
Waves of contraction.
Oh burning ring of fire.
Stretched to ripping point.
Then followed relief.
Bearing down, sending your invite.
Come meet your family.
Sister waited excitedly.
Perfect mop of dark hair.
I held you close.
You smelt sweet.
A cascade of overwhelming emotions
Staring into husbands eyes
Happy tears cried
Words cannot express how happy.
Joy, elation, complete, pride
I wholly invest
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blessed by Stevie Taite )
Did you read them?
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)