I wanted to be strong for you,
I wanted to be naïve,
I feigned ignorance to all atrocities you committed,
“I love you” is all I said.
Day by day,
Night by night,
You loved my flesh,
And I forgave your lies.
Like storm and shade,
Crashing, burning, consuming
No need for words to be said.
I was a prisoner of my love,
Yet you weren’t keeper of my heart,
So why couldn’t I deny your touches,
Even when I knew,
For you I was a slut, a tart.
You took your darkness,
And filled me with it,
Pushing me to shadows,
Bit by bit.
You killed everything I stood for,
But still the word from my mouth is love,
What have you done to me?
What kind of monster have you made?
Has love poisoned my soul?
Turned me in your personal whore?
There is a look of surprise,
As my knife plunges in your heart,
I am setting you free,
Giving you a new start.
All you gasp is why,
I am doing this because I love you,
Not a lie,
This time when you come around,
Don’t mutilate the life I gave,
Don’t let my soul weep,
Mourning on your save,
I took your darkness in me,
Sold my soul to devil,
So you could be free……………
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bleeding Love by Lucifera Santez )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)