I wanted to be strong for you,
I wanted to be naïve,
I feigned ignorance to all atrocities you committed,
“I love you” is all I said.
Day by day,
Night by night,
You loved my flesh,
And I forgave your lies.
Like storm and shade,
Crashing, burning, consuming
No need for words to be said.
I was a prisoner of my love,
Yet you weren’t keeper of my heart,
So why couldn’t I deny your touches,
Even when I knew,
For you I was a slut, a tart.
You took your darkness,
And filled me with it,
Pushing me to shadows,
Bit by bit.
You killed everything I stood for,
But still the word from my mouth is love,
What have you done to me?
What kind of monster have you made?
Has love poisoned my soul?
Turned me in your personal whore?
There is a look of surprise,
As my knife plunges in your heart,
I am setting you free,
Giving you a new start.
All you gasp is why,
I am doing this because I love you,
Not a lie,
This time when you come around,
Don’t mutilate the life I gave,
Don’t let my soul weep,
Mourning on your save,
I took your darkness in me,
Sold my soul to devil,
So you could be free……………
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bleeding Love by Lucifera Santez )
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Some I saved from the bin, GRANT FRASER
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate