I wanted to be strong for you,
I wanted to be naïve,
I feigned ignorance to all atrocities you committed,
“I love you” is all I said.
Day by day,
Night by night,
You loved my flesh,
And I forgave your lies.
Like storm and shade,
Crashing, burning, consuming
No need for words to be said.
I was a prisoner of my love,
Yet you weren’t keeper of my heart,
So why couldn’t I deny your touches,
Even when I knew,
For you I was a slut, a tart.
You took your darkness,
And filled me with it,
Pushing me to shadows,
Bit by bit.
You killed everything I stood for,
But still the word from my mouth is love,
What have you done to me?
What kind of monster have you made?
Has love poisoned my soul?
Turned me in your personal whore?
There is a look of surprise,
As my knife plunges in your heart,
I am setting you free,
Giving you a new start.
All you gasp is why,
I am doing this because I love you,
Not a lie,
This time when you come around,
Don’t mutilate the life I gave,
Don’t let my soul weep,
Mourning on your save,
I took your darkness in me,
Sold my soul to devil,
So you could be free……………
Topic(s): love hurts
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bleeding Love by Lucifera Santez )
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
- They danced, Brian Kilpatrick
- Sure to over come, hasmukh amathalal
- Lull Me to Sleep, Valsa George
- The Little Girl Cried In Agony, Ali Faisal
- Carelessness..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Sycophant, Ali Faisal
- Love, shafeeqrahman rahman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)