I wanted to be strong for you,
I wanted to be naïve,
I feigned ignorance to all atrocities you committed,
“I love you” is all I said.
Day by day,
Night by night,
You loved my flesh,
And I forgave your lies.
Like storm and shade,
Crashing, burning, consuming
No need for words to be said.
I was a prisoner of my love,
Yet you weren’t keeper of my heart,
So why couldn’t I deny your touches,
Even when I knew,
For you I was a slut, a tart.
You took your darkness,
And filled me with it,
Pushing me to shadows,
Bit by bit.
You killed everything I stood for,
But still the word from my mouth is love,
What have you done to me?
What kind of monster have you made?
Has love poisoned my soul?
Turned me in your personal whore?
There is a look of surprise,
As my knife plunges in your heart,
I am setting you free,
Giving you a new start.
All you gasp is why,
I am doing this because I love you,
Not a lie,
This time when you come around,
Don’t mutilate the life I gave,
Don’t let my soul weep,
Mourning on your save,
I took your darkness in me,
Sold my soul to devil,
So you could be free……………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bleeding Love by Lucifera Santez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform
- Light, Isaac Maliya
- Trapped in a dewy glistening web, Mark Heathcote
- Three Days Before Christmas, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Insanity, Michael P. McParland
- Invisible, Michael P. McParland
- A Journey in a Winter Morning, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Uninvited Guests, Tony Adah
- I Am Not Evil, Michael P. McParland
- Great Black Spectre, Michael P. McParland