I wanted to be strong for you,
I wanted to be naïve,
I feigned ignorance to all atrocities you committed,
“I love you” is all I said.
Day by day,
Night by night,
You loved my flesh,
And I forgave your lies.
Like storm and shade,
Crashing, burning, consuming
No need for words to be said.
I was a prisoner of my love,
Yet you weren’t keeper of my heart,
So why couldn’t I deny your touches,
Even when I knew,
For you I was a slut, a tart.
You took your darkness,
And filled me with it,
Pushing me to shadows,
Bit by bit.
You killed everything I stood for,
But still the word from my mouth is love,
What have you done to me?
What kind of monster have you made?
Has love poisoned my soul?
Turned me in your personal whore?
There is a look of surprise,
As my knife plunges in your heart,
I am setting you free,
Giving you a new start.
All you gasp is why,
I am doing this because I love you,
Not a lie,
This time when you come around,
Don’t mutilate the life I gave,
Don’t let my soul weep,
Mourning on your save,
I took your darkness in me,
Sold my soul to devil,
So you could be free……………
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bleeding Love by Lucifera Santez )
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
- Out Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pagan To The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)