Sylvia Plath said; 'I will be
the very best me that I
always want to be with you.'
That says it all about love, right?
To be with that someone who makes
one want to be a better person.
A Jack Nicholson character said,
'You make me want to be a better man.'
You made me want to be a better me.
Virginia Woolf said, 'If you do not
tell the truth about yourself
you cannot tell it about other people.'
That goes to the heart of what
I have always said about love;
you have to love yourself,
which inlcudes bein' honest with yourself,
before you can love another.
I like to think, at long last,
that I am honest with myself.
Not sure about the lovin' part.
Plath also said, 'I deserve that, don't I,
some sort of blazing love that I can live with.
Deserve? Well sure everyone deserves
a blazin' love they can live with.
Is that not the highest form
of human achievement;
to find ones blazin' love?
In another context,
a Clint Eastwood character said,
'Deserves got nuthin' to do with it.'
I know I was not your blazin' love.
But you were mine.
And I do not quite know
how to live with that.
MacGregor Tagliaferro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blazin' Love by MacGregor Tagliaferro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki