Witch hazel jumps the
gun. Questions arise.
Why the cuckoo will not sing today?
I am drumming the wall
raised between us,
opening a small window towards the sea.
Strange things happen.
Full moon was bleeding
Astringent. I call for the mountain's music.
This fractured statecraft.
You become a stone after a blast;
moving towards the periphery.
Half-naked a statuette
was walking in night to find a
mortuary where Apollo was laid to rest.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BLACK SUN by Satish Verma )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)