Black Rhino Born - Lincoln Park Zoo
When we cross proud papa, Maku,
With first time mama, Kapuki,
We get wow result - yes we do.
We get a li'l black rhino - me!
Newborn vitals - weight sixty pounds,
Thirty inches from horn to tail.
Quite a big boy in mama - zounds!
The tough work's done by the female.
The Lincoln Park Zoo is my crib.
Other places, humans are mean.
All nice here - I'm too young to fib.
The world will know I've made the scene.
The Zoo might have a contest game.
You get a chance to pick my name.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Rhino Born - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis