Slice the city into two parts
rub salt into open wounds
break down the armoury, shell out the sickles
and spikes and bamboo arrows dipped
in poison berries ripe as raspberry juice
and arm the tribes with tentacles
that search for other tribes
lurking in the shadows of the camouflaged blackness
pull 'em out and punish them in broad daylight
take an arm a leg -cut a tongue loose
so words uttered will sound like jungle anecdotes
in a litany of lies.
I will come swinging
with a mascara maiden
and two henchmen trained as axemen
intent on cutting policies of power
into shreds of excuses to remain seated
on a throne of oiled skulls and feather dusters
Take heed, brother
I buy guns for a slot of land infested with rhino
and elephants and diamonds
as big as hippos dipped in strange sexual rhythms
a thousand years old brewing quietly.
We own this land
The white man came in and took it
'He got the land we got the bible'
We must take it back somehow
and sacrifice all of ourselves
in due process.
Slice the land into two chunky pieces
You take one
my mistress takes the other.
The revolution continues down south.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved.
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Power by Marshall Gass )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Second Prodigal, Edward A. Morris
- Mirror Dimly, Edward A. Morris
- Come Baby Come, Aftab Alam
- Solace in Test, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Coeur d'Alene, Lucas Pate
- With That Time To Find, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Prowling PH Eyes .... [DEMENTIA; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Quick To Finish Mentalities, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Invisible Cage (For Robin Williams), Tori Leftwich
- Advent Of The Eagle's Cry, Captain Cur