Captain Cur (England)
Black Heart Checkered Mate
A disingenuous simple smile
can hide the truth behind a heart
checkered with black guile;
but love is pure
as spring times lure
and will open up the gate
and destroy the guile
behind the smile
of a black heart checkered mate.
Poet Other Poems
- 2 To The 5th Power
- A Composition Of Rare Feminine Art, Not ...
- A Composition of Rare Feminine Art, Pian...
- A Lighted Tower
- A Pirate and a Poetess
- Adagio, love poems
- Adventure of Two Captains, Ashland Castl...
- Adventures of Two Captains
- Adventures of Two Captains to the Heart ...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Fall of A, P...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Part 9
- An Amusing Find
- Armored Hawk of War
- Beauty Fathomless, love poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I would highly recommend visiting her page and enjoying her poetry.