Black-eyed Susans For You, Susie...... [friends; flowers for a woman; SHORT]
Paul and I are not sure if the flowers’ “eyes” are truly black or brown,
but, if we could, we’d use a bunch of them....to fashion you a gown.
Then no matter what month it was, or wherever you might be,
you and Paul could look at you, in your gorgeous gown, and happy you could be.
.....well, you could imagine it at least....with no bees buzzing!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black-eyed Susans For You, Susie...... [friends; flowers for a woman; SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- pantoum: landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
- Her Tin Skin, Evie Shockley
- From The Lost Letters of Frederick Dougl.., Evie Shockley
- Seeking Sanity, michael walkerjohn
- — Shall Become As —, Evie Shockley
- I am indeed, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)